Dream it, you never know what will happen!


When it comes to my day-to-day interaction with my coworkers, I may pass someone in the hallway or talk to them in the break room and they will say "Carl, how is your day going?" To which I will almost always answer "I'm living the dream". This is something that I picked up to help me win days were hard and it became something of a mantra to get me through those days and remind me that I truly was, living my dream. Is important to have dreams. dreams to me are a goal that might slightly be out of your reach but something that you would love to do. Each of us in our lives have dreams or goals like this. We even all tend to call them different things, to some they are dreams to others they are goals, and some might even call them bucket list items. It is critical in our lives that we have these dreams, as they give us something to look forward to and something to work towards. With these dreams we know what the ending is or what it should be the real challenge comes from getting there. When I was about 10 years old and living in Northern Ireland I saw concert footage from the red rocks amphitheater just outside of Denver Colorado. I knew that that was somewhere that I wanted to go one day. As a 10-year-old I didn't know how it was going to happen but I knew that someday I would realize that dream. As the years progressed I would eventually move to the United States in my dream would be a step closer. It was not in until a couple of  ago that this dream was finally realized, 22 years after. I remember everything about the experience, the smells, the random people that I had made friends with , but most of all I remember how I felt. I had accomplished something that I could only dream of as a child. This feeling has only spurned me on to check off more dreams and realize that I am capable of anything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to start somewhere.